The UK education system is the oldest education system in the world. Students who are interested study in UKcan have the chance to study at most historical universities/Colleges which have been established by the royal family of Great Britain or by a Papal decree from the Catholic Church. Universities/Colleges in UK provide the best education and best facilities to the international students who came from across the world.
Features of education system in UK
The UK education system follows a unique approach which is distinct from other countries.
- Students whoare studyingin UKare expected to complete their course and pursue their degrees in three or four years
- If the student successfully completes all course requirements within three years then he/she is awarded an honors degree.
- Students who perform exceptionally well while pursuing their honors degree are given as first class honors, followed by second, upper second, lower second and third.
- Students who are studying in UK from India will easy to adjust with the mode of studying as it is similar to the education system in India.
- Students can have the chance choose for pursuing their degree in a single subject or a combination of subjects, which results in a dual degree.
Universities in UK are of three types
Collegiate universities, city universities and campus universities.
- Collegiate universities have a number of different colleges, run by a single university.
- City universities have their buildings within the city and are spread out over different locations in the city.
- Campus universities are located on large multi acre campuses on the outskirts of a city.
Advantages of studying in UK
1.Student can study in the best and most prestigious universities in the world
The United Kingdom has of some of the most prestigious and historical university campuses in the world. Studying at these campuses will enable you to harness the foundations of a rich and varied educational system that dates back several centuries
2.A degree from the United Kingdom can add a lot of weight to one’s profile
A degree from UK universities/colleges is more respective and most evaluable in the world; it has earned itself a reputation for graduate employability. When you study in UK, your educational qualifications are recognized all over the world and help you in your career.
3.Work while study in UK
The United Kingdom allows students to work while they study for an undergraduate or post graduate course in the country. Student can work for up to 20 hours in a week when the academic session is in progress.
4.There are excellent research facilities for students
The United Kingdom is one of the best countries for research infrastructure as well as research output. A number of award winning research projects have emerged from universities in the UK. As a student pursuing research degree, you will have significant advantage when you study in UK.
5.Students can study in dual degree programs
The United Kingdom education system allows students to study in joint dual degree programs. The advantage of a dual degree program is, it allows student to explore two subjects in one degree program. For example students could take up a dual degree in product engineering and financial management or art history and architecture
Scholarships for study in United Kingdom
There are a number of scholarships for UK students who are interested in studying in United Kingdom
- Rhodes Scholarship – offered to students pursuing Post graduate programs at Oxford – awarded to exceptional international students – covers full cost of study at Oxford including airfare, tuition fees, books, visa fees, and accommodation and living expenses for duration of the stay
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships – offered to international students pursuing full time post graduate course at University of Cambridge – covers cost of tuitions, airfare, living expenses and
- Chevening Scholarships – awarded to students from India and other eligible countries – covers cost of tuition, airfare and accommodation
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships – Intended for international students from developing countries – covers airfare, tuition fees, exam fees, personal allowance, thesis grant allowance arrival allowance and more
- Edinburgh Global Research Fellowship – awarded to students who pursue PhD at University of Edinburgh – covers the difference between fees charged to resident students and international students for any subject
- Bristol University International Office Scholarship – awarded to five selected international students studying for a Bachelor’s degree at Bristol University – selected students are awarded 8500 GBP in cash towards their tuition fees
- University of Sussex’s Chancellor’s international fellowship – awarded to international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance and are pursuing full time Master’s program at University of Sussex – covers 50 percent of tuition fees for international students for one year
- University of Westminster International Scholarships – awarded to international students from India and other developing countries who pursue a full time post graduate program from the University of Westminster –covers full tuition fees, airfare to and from London, accommodation and living costs.
- Developing Solutions Scholarship at University of Nottingham – awarded to international students studying at University of Nottingham and hailing from developing countries – covers full tuition fees for top 30 students and 50 percent of fees for 75 students out of a total of 105 scholarships that are granted each year.
How to apply for studying in UK
- Students who are interested to pursue their abroadeducation in UK,need to make their applications through the UCAS system.
- Student can apply to only four universities if he/she interested to study in a medical course and five universities if he/she opting for a course that is not related to the medical field.
- Every student must have the following documents for your application
- Transcripts of your records from all previous schools that you have completed.
- A personal story of around 4000 words or less, explaining about the reasons to apply for UK and be accepted as a student.
- Proof of English language proficiency – scores of either IELTS or TOEFL.
- Some universities such as Oxford and Cambridge will also ask you to appear for an in-person or telephonic interview before finally accepting you to the university.
We, 24X7 CAREERSare having good experience in understanding the requirements of the UK education system and we know about admissions and we help for student visa process and as well studies.
Major intake for UK
- September / October
- Other Intakes – Jan / Feb, May.(few Universities offer rolling intakes as well)