HP SET Eligibility Criteria 2020: HPPSC (Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission) releases the notification for HP SET (State Eligibility Test). The exam is organized for the post of Assistant Professors Lecturers in Govt.
Even though HP SET is a state-level eligibility test, candidates from all the states can appear for this exam. However, HP SET qualification is suitable as eligibility for the recruitment to the post of assistant professor in universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh only.
HPPSC has specified the eligibility criteria for HP SET as per the norms of the University Grants Commission (UGC). HPPSC has already released the official notification for HP SET, and every one the details concerning the eligibility criteria of the exam are elaborated here. Candidates are advised to read the HP SET eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form.
HP SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants will find Complete Eligibility Criteria Below:
HP SET Age Limit 2020:
According to the official notification of HP SET issued by HPPSC, there’s no upper age limit for the candidates intending to appear for the exam. However, the candidates got to satisfy the rules or eligibility norms mentioned on this page to be eligible for the exam.
HP SET 2020 Educational Qualification:
Candidates must satisfy the educational qualification as specified below to be eligible for HP SET 2020:
- Candidates who have passed Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% of marks are eligible for HP SET 2020. However, the minimum eligibility marks required for reserved category and PH candidates of Himachal Pradesh is 50% in Master’s degree. All the reservation policies concerning SET 2020 are applicable to Himachal Pradesh candidates only. Reserved category candidates from other states appearing for HP SET shall be treated under General Category only.
- Candidates who are pursuing a final-year Master’s degree course also are eligible for the HP SET 2020. The candidates must note that he/ she should pass Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% (50% for reserved) marks to be eligible for the award of an HP SET certificate.
- D holders whose Master’s degree had been completed by September 19, 1991, also are eligible to seem for HP SET with a relaxation of 50% in qualifying marks at the Master’s level.
- Candidates are required to seem for the HP SET exam within the subject that’s relevant to his/ her qualification at the Master’s level. Candidates who don’t find relevant subject can appear for UGC NET, which is conducted twice a year.
- Candidates who have completed PGDs (Post Graduate Diploma) courses are eligible for HP SET. However, he/ she must note that the respective PGD is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) – New Delhi.
ALSO READ: HP SET EXAM PATTERN 2020.
Exemption from HP SET 2020:
There are certain rules which will exempt a number of the candidates from HP SET 2020. The candidates can check the exemption rules concerning HP SET here:
Rule 1: Candidates who are awarded Ph.D. as per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for the Award of Ph.D Degree) Regulations 2009 are exempted from HP SET 2020.
Rule 2: The candidates who have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 01, 2002, are exempted from HP SET 2020, and these candidates are eligible for the recruitment to the post of assistant professor altogether the universities and colleges across the country.